Smooth delivery of services to television viewers depends on crucial ‘behind the scenes’ information. As operators offer ever more digital services to consumers, the demand increases for open and flexible management solutions for PSI/SI and access criteria scheduling.
Our flexible CASIS solution provides a MPEG/DVB-compliant table, access criteria generation and MUX profile scheduling. Whether for cable, terrestrial, satellite or IP networks, CASIS drives your content delivery system according to your chosen business model. This is especially important for DTH (Direct-To-Home) operators using dynamic business models to ensure revenue security.
Flexibility with Control
CASIS helps DTH and general distribution operators get optimal return on their investments. It meets the demands of any subscription, pay-per-view or near video-on-demand (nVOD) operation, and handles any combination of DVB-C/S/T and DVBIPI delivery networks. It also allows precise control of complex technical infrastructures. CASIS links to our Linux-based PROXIS data spoolers to provide you with additional flexibility, allowing decentralized or regionalized table output.
Compatible with most commonly deployed systems, CASIS remains independent of any MUX or CA vendor. By using CASIS in combination with our STAGIS
schedule management system, you can import schedule information from different sources and in different formats for optimal flexibility. Also, GYRIS allows data carousel management for software downloads played out from CASIS and/or PROXIS.
- Generates, schedules and cycles MPEG-PSI / DVB-SI tables and private data
- Generates and schedules access criteria (conditional access vendor independent), compliant with DVB SimulCrypt and OpenCAS
- Extracts and enables editing of incoming tables
- Synchronizes channel line-ups (multiplexer vendor independent)
- Schedules MUX configurations (subject to multiplexer vendor)
- Controls multiple scramblers from a single system
- Different redundancy models
- Regionalisation of SI table generation and playout
- Compressed Event Information Tables (EIT) and manages bitrates for optimal use of bandwidth
- Management of logical channel numbers
- Playout of MPEG section files
- IPTV, TV-Anytime and timex (time shared) services
Keep tables, access criteria and MUX profiles on schedule
CASIS provides a flexible XML interface for importing / exporting service schedules from STAGIS, or directly from third party traffic automation systems. The intuitive user interface is unified across all the different operator tasks, which can be prepared in an off-line configuration editor. The built-in TableCycler with standard DVB-ASI/IP output enables easy integration with multiplexing systems. Tables can be downloaded to the multiplexer via the standardized PSIG<>MUX interface. An optional module with DVBASI/IP input allows CASIS to extract tables and descriptors from an incoming feed and manipulate / edit them as required. Using the EIS<>SCS interface CASIS effectively controls scrambler set up and access criteria. The EIS<>MUXCONFIG interface allows scheduling of MUX configuration profiles. With its unique AddIn architecture, CASIS can be easily extended with customer specific functionality without interfering with the core program.
Add-ins already deployed (others available on request):
- (Sub-)event triggering interface
- Service provisioning interface
- MUX configuration profile scheduling
- Dynamic behaviour of descriptors
- Specific descriptor packages for third party middleware
- Specific modules to manipulate incoming tables / descriptors
- Network regionalisation
CASIS comes in Standard and Enterprise Editions. Our very cost effective Standard Edition offers PSI/SI and access criteria management, while Enterprise Edition also offers MUX profile scheduling and a range of customisable AddIns. Please consult your eventIS Sales Manager or designated partner to explore the feature sets available for your application.
Technical specification and standards compliance
- All mandatory tables and descriptors according to both DVB-SI (ETSI EN 300 468) and MPEG-PSI (ISO/IEC 13818:2000)
- Full support for EIS<>SCS interface according to DVB SimulCrypt / OpenCAS
- Full support for EIS<>MUXCONFIG interface according to DVB SimulCrypt
- Full support for (P)SIG multiplexer interface according to DVB SimulCrypt (ETSI TS 103 197)
- Specific PSI/SI descriptors and TV-Anytime tables according to DVB-GBS (ETSI TS 102 323)
- Specific PSI/SI descriptors according to both DVB-SSU (ETSI TS 102 006) and OpenTV
- TS Full/Optional SI according to DVB-IPI (ETSI TS 102 034)