ACTON, Mass. & LONDON – Global multi-screen video leader SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) today announced that Virgin Media’s Player, an online and mobile TV player, is live on SeaChange’s multi-screen technology and managed service infrastructure for video. Virgin Media XL TV and broadband customers can watch hundreds of hours of television programs from ITV, LIVING TV Group, Disney, Cartoon Network, National Geographic, Discovery and MTV Networks UK & Ireland on their PCs, laptops and mobile phones.
Virgin Media Player’s differentiation and seamless user experience are supported by SeaChange’s open software and services including:
- SeaChange video delivery system;
- SeaChange managed service infrastructure providing a fully-managed outsourced service infrastructure for multi-screen video services with the ability to migrate to in-house deployments;
- On Demand Group content management services, including content transcoding and processing to initially provide content in nine video formats for adaptive streaming for PC and mobile.
Alex Green, Executive Director of Commercial, TV and Online at Virgin Media said: “Virgin Media Player has been an extremely successful launch for us, giving our top tier TV customers total flexibility in how and when they watch our unique on-demand content with a user experience that is both simple and powerful. Usage is growing by the day and we continue to add fantastic new content. SeaChange has been a great partner, with proven end-to-end skills in multi-screen service creation, deployment and management."
“Virgin Media Player demonstrates SeaChange’s capability and real-world success in helping television operators to realize the vision of deploying integrated multi-screen video services,” said Damian Mulcock, Vice President, Worldwide Multi-Screen Business, SeaChange. “Our unparalleled experience in the premium television market enables our customers to respond to increasing competition from alternative video providers through in-house or managed service deployments ensuring flexibility and speed to market.”
Virgin Media’s XL TV customers who also have a broadband connection with the company are able to enjoy Virgin Media Player by registering at http://www.virginmedia.com/player. Registered Virgin mobile pay monthly customers will be able to enjoy an hour of Virgin Media Player on mobile content every day at no extra charge. Mobile versions of popular shows will be available to any mobile phone owner via the Virgin Media mobile portal.
Visit SeaChange at the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Cable-Tec Expo (booth 1639), New Orleans, Oct. 20-22 for demonstrations including:
- On-demand and broadcast television services to mobile, PC and settop including content stream pause-and-resume between devices such as the iPad, Android phones and PS3;
- Dynamic on-demand advertising insertion with SeaChange AdPulse software and multi-screen linear stream insertion with SeaChange’s Open Solutions partner RGB;
- HTTP Adaptive Streaming for over-the-top delivery of broadcast television;
- SeaChange’s VividLogic home media gateway connecting settops, PCs and game consoles to web and television services;
- SeaChange’s AssetFlow multi-screen asset management and preparation;
- SeaChange’s Residential-based Hospitality TV System for comprehensive in-room video services.
About SeaChange International
SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) is the global leader in multi-screen video and one of the largest software companies worldwide. The Company provides innovative, Emmy award-winning solutions and services for back office, advertising, content, in-home devices and broadcast to hundreds of media companies, including blue chips such as Comcast, Virgin Media, AT&T, Hutchison Whampoa, Vodacom and DISH Network. Headquartered in Acton, Massachusetts, SeaChange has product development, support and sales offices around the world. Visit http://www.schange.com.