SeaChange to Debut Adrenalin™ Fourth Generation Multi-Screen Video Back Office at Cable-Tec Expo
Global Video Leader to Launch Unified Software Platform Scalable to Millions of Mobile, PC and Settop Viewers; Enables Incremental Upgrade Path for Axiom on Demand Upgrade Customers
ACTON, Mass. – Global multi-screen video leader SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has created SeaChange Adrenalin™, a fourth generation video back office that’s been architected using an open service oriented architecture (SOA) to deliver a consistent video experience that avails tens of millions of video assets to millions of devices across multiple networks. Operators will use Adrenalin to evolve their on-demand services to provide rich and seamless user experiences across mobile, PC and TV screens with extensive cross promotional capabilities and fully integrated linear and non-linear advertising.
Adrenalin on-demand and broadcast streaming demonstrations this week at Cable-Tec Expo, featuring settop, iPad, Android, PS3 and other over-the-top clients, will show the capabilities that cable operators will gain through an incremental transformation of the industry leading SeaChange Axiom on Demand back office. Adrenalin’s first release for SeaChange Axiom on Demand software upgrade customers is scheduled for early 2011.
Adrenalin software releases will transform the Axiom On Demand back office with an SOA for multi-screen video delivery, multiple DRM support, and monetization through linear and on-demand ad solutions. Adrenalin includes Business Applications such as an offer manager to execute multi-screen promotions; Content Management (publishing, asset management, session and resource management for on-demand and broadcast to all screens); web-based Management & Monitoring; and Advanced Client Publishers (supporting third-party search, recommendation and t-commerce applications).
Image: Designed to single-handedly enable multi-screen service scalability to millions of PC, mobile and set-top viewers, Adrenalin is the fourth generation back office in SeaChange’s comprehensive Intelligent Video Platform. (click on image to enlarge)
“Adrenalin is a result of an integrated engineering effort bringing together the best features and benefits of our acquired software products under a single and consistent architecture,” said Yvette Kanouff, President, SeaChange. “We’ve already launched TV, PC and mobile services for StarHub, Three and others, and this real-world experience has given us a unique advantage in creating Adrenalin. Its introduction sets the path forward for cable operators who represent the world’s largest on-demand footprint to launch integrated multi-screen video services from a single, cost efficient platform.”
Damian Mulcock, Vice President, Worldwide Multi-Screen Business, SeaChange added, “It’s clear that consumers have a broader choice than ever for their video service with a range of new over-the-top hardware devices and content services coming to market. Our goal with Adrenalin is to ensure that our cable operator customers can compete with faster cycles of development and have flexibility to create an integrated multi-screen viewing experience of the video services their subscribers value.”
SeaChange has integrated deployment-proven technologies from its eventIS and Mobix Interactive acquisitions with Axiom on Demand to make Adrenalin modular and multi-screen ready. Adrenalin’s core advantages stem from:
- Support for Internet and mobile streaming formats including Adaptive HTTP, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight and Apple QuickTime as well as standard MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264 video;
- Horizontal n+1 scaling and stateless servers to ensure load balancing and independent scaling at the network center or at its edge;
- Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services to enable speed to market with the widest range of applications;
- Browser-based operator interfaces for common look and feel;
- Open interfaces based on REST to loosely couple components for better availability, scalability and independent component upgrades;
- Active/Active DBs for clustered write access to multiple database servers to scale read and write in an n+1 manner;
- CentOS enterprise-class computing platform;
- Virtual Machines to enable hardware independence and a common platform for the implementation of SeaChange software;
- RPM Package Manager for a simple and standard interface to software installation on servers.
Visit SeaChange at the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Cable-Tec Expo (booth 1639), New Orleans, Oct. 20-22 for demonstrations including:
- On-demand and broadcast television services to mobile, PC and settop including content stream pause-and-resume between devices such as the iPad, Android phones and PS3;
- Dynamic on-demand advertising insertion with SeaChange AdPulse software and multi-screen linear stream insertion with SeaChange’s Open Solutions partner RGB;
- HTTP Adaptive Streaming for over-the-top delivery of broadcast television;
- SeaChange’s VividLogic home media gateway connecting settops, PCs and game consoles to web and television services;
- SeaChange’s AssetFlow multi-screen asset management and preparation solution;
- SeaChange’s Residential-based Hospitality TV System for comprehensive in-room video services.
About SeaChange International
SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) is the global leader in multi-screen video and one of the largest software companies worldwide. The Company provides innovative, Emmy award-winning solutions and services for back office, advertising, content, in-home devices and broadcast to hundreds of media companies, including blue chips such as Comcast, Virgin Media, AT&T, Hutchison Whampoa, Vodacom and DISH Network. Headquartered in Acton, Massachusetts, SeaChange has product development, support and sales offices around the world. Visit www.schange.com.
Note to editors: To download a zip folder of the SeaChange Adrenalin press kit, please click here. The folder includes:
- Adrenalin news announcement (Word)
- Adrenalin diagram (hi-res)
- Adrenalin logo (hi-res)
- Yvette Kanouff headshot (hi-res)
- Damian Mulcock headshot (hi-res)